I enjoy transforming data into simple delightful interfaces, empowering human workflows and experiences in an increasingly dehumanized (machinized) world. I see the beauty in code as a way to engineer solutions and build an evolving platform for people to collaborate. Let's build that together!
Senior Frontend EngineerRoam Analytics
Jun 2019 - Present (10 mths)
- Agile, flexible and adaptive engineer building multiple polished tools for the Roam platform. These tools empower human workflows with healthcare language data by integrating naturally with the underlying NLP/ML technologies in the platform. Key workflows include annotations, rich document search (on annotations, synonyms).
- Scaled frontend infra by building various shared solutions (design system, UI component library, lint rules, progressive documentation), allowing the engineering org to build projects with consistency and confidence.
Senior Data UI EngineerFacebook
Jul 2018 - Jun 2019 (11 mths)
- Full stack engineer leading and building multiple data products (pipelines, APIs, UIs) with an emphasis on design, workflows and UIUX.
- 'Rabbit': Tableau-like data exploration, visualization and dashboarding tool built in React/Redux.
- 'Survey Insights': Internal tool built to automate survey results and visualizations when a survey is uploaded from a third-party survey source e.g. Qualtrics.
- 'Pulse Insights': Built a scalable solution to analyze company Pulse survey results in an internal tool written in React/Redux/GraphQL.
- 'FBFiddle': Facebook JS Fiddle supporting internal JS modules.
- Shipped multiple data UIs and visualization components in React.
May 2015 - Jun 2018 (3 yrs 1 mth)
Business Intelligence AnalystNRG Energy
Jan 2011 - Apr 2015 (4 yrs 3 mths)
- Jack-of-all-data-trades employing relevant tools and technologies (R, Python, VBA, Oracle) to engineer creative solutions.
- Drove high impact organization projects aimed to recover over $3M annually through process improvements and building better IT processes and tools.
- Core evangelist on modernizing business reporting (shift from Excel to open-source solutions e.g. interactive R-shiny web applications).
- Created the calculation foundations for business pricing and supply costs, fulfilling pricing for over 1M residential customers every year.
Bachelor of Science in Physics & Mathematics (3.59/4.00)
2006 - 2009